OrthoMedia hosts videos from conferences (after any embargo period), meetings, webinars and courses, as well as surgical techniques and training videos. It is designed to be a global orthopaedic video-sharing platform of this valuable content, ensuring it can reach the wider orthopaedic community.
We are constantly looking at ways to widen the breadth of content available on the site and would be very happy to discuss partnering with content producers/societies/conferences to host their video content.
- OrthoMedia is a free resource to users – allowing them to access conference, webinar and training material which would otherwise be lost after the event (https://www.orthomedia.org.uk/browse/f93cb951-216e-4891-9d51-e2b90cabac12?clear=true).
- We have just launched a special section for ‘Surgical Techniques and Training’ videos in response to requests from our users (https://www.orthomedia.org.uk/page/surgical-techniques-and-training-videos).
- OrthoMedia is aimed solely at the orthopaedic community so the target audience is directly relevant to the content.
- The power of OrthoMedia lies in the transcript which allows users to quickly find what they are looking for. We provide a transcript for every video which allows state of the art up-to-the second searching which makes all the content on the platform much more discoverable.
- All content is also indexed in OrthoSearch, our content discovery tool developed for orthopaedics (www.orthosearch.org.uk).
- This platform is owned by The British Editorial Society of Bone & Joint Surgery (Registered Charity No. 209299), also the publisher of The Bone & Joint Journal, Bone & Joint Research, Bone & Joint 360 and Bone & Joint Open.
The benefits of hosting your content on OrthoMedia:
- There is no charge for this service and all copyright remains with content producer, we simply host the videos.
- We will process the video, research speakers and institutions, and add transcripts – at no cost to our partners.
- We will promote content hosted on the site across our social media channels. We currently have over 60,000 Twitter followers across our journals/products.
- As a publisher we can add DOIs to each video – this means each video can be assigned to speaker’s ORCID IDs and is easily identifiable.
- We aim to make the process as simple as possible for you. We simply ask you to provide the videos to us along with a high-res logo/photo and we will do the rest. Alternatively, we can download from your YouTube channel.
- We use automated transcription – you can choose to use this or edit it further yourself (this is a simple process and we will provide full instructions).
- We provide a speaker and institution profile page and as well as grouping for your content.
- We send content alerts to a growing list of registered users to alert them when new videos are published on the site.
- As part of Bone & Joint, OrthoMedia benefits from a team of Orthopaedic publishing specialists who will be promoting the content globally.
- All newly added content is promoted on our ‘New and featured’ carousel on the home page.
If you would like to include your content on OrthoMedia please click here to discuss the next steps.